Monday, 6 June 2011

Husband - Day 8

I feel particularly grateful today for a husband who loves me and is attracted to me even when I am feeling terrible about myself.
Let's be honest, we are hard on ourselves and see our weaknesses and have a tendency to call ourselves down. That is just not right! I was reading my friend Chelsea's blog today and it totally helped remind me of this concept. We are beloved children of God and he does not make mistakes! We are beautiful spirits and need to be reminded of such. How dare we call ourselves anything less then what he sees us as. I try to remind myself that what is most important is what is in our hearts and how we live our lives. It does not matter if I am a size 2 or a size bigger (ha ha), it doesn't matter how dark the circles are under my eyes, it doesn't matter if my hair is not the exact length or color I think it should be, it doesn't matter if everyone likes me because I apparently cannot please everyone. What matters is that I am doing the best I can to be the best version of myself. It matters if I am serving those around me. It matters if I can love my family with everything I have in me. It matters that I am beautiful on the inside and doing everything I can, everyday, to return to live with my Heavenly Father and with my little family.
I was having a tired and sensitive day today but Steve just kept loving me and telling me how beautiful and wonderful I was. When I said something negative, he responded with "Well I love that part of you", it was a little annoying to be honest at the beginning but in the end, it totally made me feel better. Sometimes, I just need someone to love me in spite of all the things I think are wrong with me and he did that today.
He also had an epiphany this weekend while he was away. He informed me that he was starting to understand where I am coming from. He realized that being a Mom/Wife is my "job" and he understands better that when I get so frustrated with things around me (my children, computer, appliances not working, family, house problems) it is affecting my job. When things are not going right for him at work it really frustrates him and he said that he gets it now. I am so grateful that my world is a little more clear for him. Women are fairly mysterious, so I'm glad that one door opened for him so he could see things from my perspective. He validated the feelings and frustrations that I've been having and that just meant the world to me for him to vocalize that!
So today I was grateful for Steve (don't tell him though!)
On our wedding day, July 18 2003

June 2008, We still love each other!
April 2011, 8 years together and I still love him lots!

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to put it! I never thought of it that way but that is such a great way to think of it. I am so glad Steve was around to remind you how wonderful you are Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well leah!! you look better than ever!!!! the last picture is your best, so no wonder he loves you.... you are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete