Saturday, 4 June 2011

Sun - Day 6

SUNSHINE!!!! Glorious Sunshine!!! That is what I am grateful for today!
We spent the whole afternoon/evening at my Gramma's Lake (Fuller Lake) in Chemainus. It was BEAUTIFUL! The kids all went swimming in the lake, I was a little surprised but they were so excited to jump right in (they did come out a little cold but had a blast!) We celebrated Seth (May 28) and Renae's (June 18) 1st Birthdays. We did sidewalk chalk, a scavenger hunt, broke a pinata, had presents and birthday cake. It was a fabulous day for an outside birthday party and I am soooo grateful that it was a warm and beautiful day. I am hoping for many more of those to come in the following months.
I was also really grateful that the Canucks won again tonight. I've been sporting my flag for a few weeks now and am very happy that they doing a good job for their fans. I will be honest in saying that I don't know everything about hockey or the Canucks but I have been watching the playoffs (when I can, with bedtimes and crying babies it's not always possible to watch every second). I have watched the Canucks with my Dad since I was a kid and continue to do so because it helps me connect with him. It is fun and I like to have something to talk about with my Dad, he seems to enjoy it too!
Except for the fact that I had a disobedient 3 yr old and a half the time miserable 1 yr old, today was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment