Sunday, 12 June 2011

Hugs,Being a Girl and WICKED - Days 12,13,14

I am catching up on my gratefulness days because I was lame and then away for the day.

On Friday I was really grateful for HUGS. When I am feeling down or frustrated or really any kind of emotion I always appreciate a good hug. My Mom's hugs are the best. I have told her that her hugs are magical for me and melt all my cares away. She is a really good hugger! Now I have been training Steve in the ways of the hug but as hard as he tries, he just doesn't have the Mom touch (she has really good pillows). But still he knows when I need a hug, and I love it when he does! My girls also give really good hugs :)

On Saturday, I had the opportunity to go over to Vancouver with Dana and Melissa to see Wicked. (More on that after) But I was really grateful for was that I AM A GIRL!!!
What prompted this thought was traveling from Horseshoe Bay to Downtown Vancouver on a city transit bus and being surrounded by like 10 teenage/early 20ish boys. Now I like boys (I'm married to one) but these boys were stinky, greasy, they used some crude language, it didn't look like they had brushed their teeth and they were wearing ball hats and skater clothes. Now I don't mean to be unkind but I have little girls who one day will be teenagers and my thought as I was sitting there among them was that "I need to raise my girls so that they will NEVER bring home a boy like these! I just wanted to tell them that they need to clean up if they ever want to get a nice girl. I didn't actually say anything because I was kinda afraid of them, isn't that silly, I am older and smarter then them but because there were a lot I was kinda nervous. Anyways, I am grateful to be a girl who will raise my girls to teach boys that they need to raise their bar.

Bless his heart but this is NOT the kinda boy my girls are bringing home!


Ok, So today I am so grateful that I got to go and see WICKED! It was a fabulous day (with no kids) and I got to go and see a Broadway Musical. I love musicals and this was a new addition to my favorites. I was so impressed with the whole show and our seats were fantastic too (8th row). The music, they special affects, the actors all did a fabulous job and I really enjoyed the storyline. I've grown up watching and loving the Wizard of Oz, so this was a special treat to add to that story. I loved how all the storylines and questions were answered and how they played out how Glinda and Alphaba (the Wicked Witch) were not only college roommates but good friends I also enjoyed that Alphaba had a love interest, because we all need love! It was also really nice to spend the day with my sister Dana. We are often very busy with all our kids and being Mom's, so it was nice to have a day for us!

Outside the Queen Elizabeth Theatre
Dana and Melissa doing their model poses



The stage before it started, a Map of OZ


On the bus with my WICKED ticket

No comments:

Post a Comment