Sunday, 12 June 2011

#219 - Service

I just read my cousin-in-law-in-law's (I don't really know what to call him) blog and felt very humbled. Because I have been given much I too must give, we are so blessed!!!! 
I have felt very frustrated the last couple of weeks for various reasons and I really needed something to get myself out of it. I think I found it in the form of this quote:
 
Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others...By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves." 
— Gordon B. Hinckley
 
I need to serve more. I need to occupy myself with more worthwhile goals and activities. I need to not worry about what other people think of me and worry about what Heavenly Father is expecting of me. I need to change for the better, increase my love for those around me and quit being a baby!
I so appreciate the way that some people can share their thoughts and feelings because you never know who might need to hear what you are sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment