Thursday, 9 June 2011

Health - Day 11

You know the saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"? Well that is how I have felt about our health the last little while. With 3 kids and 2 adults we have all taken our turns being sick in 2011.
Renae (as you know) has been unhappy for almost 2 weeks now (starting to feel back to herself today but still not 100%) and I had to get Lindy from school yesterday because she was not feeling well. COME ON FLU SEASON WHEN WILL YOU LEAVE!!!!! I don't actually know if she has the flu but I am so done with people being sick! She also stayed home from school today because she was still not well. Nicole actually told me at bedtime that SHE wasn't feeling well and probably had to stay home from school tomorrow too (Note: She doesn't actually go to school but I think she wanted to feel included on the sick bus we are on) I feel so bad for my kids when they aren't well, they are sad, pale, and overall pathetic. The other pleasantry was that Steve got food poisoning last weekend when he was at a conference in Kelowna, went to the Hospital and everything. He still wasn't feeling great yesterday from it.

So today I am grateful for the healthy days we do get to enjoy. You forget how good you have it until you are sick or someone in your house is sick. We take our health for granted sometimes and today I am very mindful of the times when we are all healthy and happy.

1 comment:

  1. So true Leah (about appreciating health). Nothing seems more demanding and sad as a houseful of sickies. It feels like this year has been an exceptionally awful year for illness. Let's hope next year is better :)

    ReplyDelete