Despite last nights riot in Vancouver (come on seriously!) I am grateful I live in a beautiful country. I am grateful to be Canadian!!!
During the beginning of the game the national anthem was sung and standing there watching and singing along made me think out where I live. No where is perfect but living here is definitely a chosen place!
I am grateful to live where I can a raise a family, worship how I choose, have a voice and vote, where my husband can work to support our family, where I can see the ocean and the mountains when I turn around, I am so grateful to live in British Columbia, Canada!
At my PAC meeting last night we were discussing being a Canadian when traveling. When I was 19 I went over to England, Greece and Italy. I wore a flag on my bags and I let people know I was Canadian because we have a good reputation and people like us. It's okay that we are nice, apologetic and say "EH" because it's who we are :)

No comments:
Post a Comment