Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Ode to a Clean Van

I love having a mini-van (except for the fact that it is junk in the snow!). I love having the space for everyone and everything! Steve was anti for quite a long time but he's coming around. What I don't love is that with more room comes more MESS! I cannot believe how quickly my van gets filled with "stuff". I cleaned it last Thursday because someone was borrowing it to take the YM down to Youth Conference. There was no way I was letting my van go in the condition it was in. It took me over an hour to clean it. I could not believe how much stuff I found. Vacuuming is a bit of a pain because you have to get into every little crevice.

I found  LOADS of cheerios (my bad for giving them to Lindy as breakfast on the way to school) books, gloves, hats, money(mostly change, I was disappointed), barbies, polly pockets, scriptures (yes we are that righteous), 9 different water bottles (I'd been bugging Steve just that morning if he had any in his truck and I didn't believe him, whoops), wrappers, baggies, bits and pieces of "things", socks, hairbands, a jacket of Lindy's, shoes, hair ponies, etc...

I won't continue because I'm sure I've horrified you enough. I didn't even know my van could fit all of that stuff! I felt so happy when it was clean! Cleaning always gives me a certain feeling of pride and joy (don't tell my Mom). And then I felt a bleak realization that I had to enjoy the clean for the moment because it doesn't last long. As hard as I try, "things" miraculously end up back in the van and I'll have to do it again in a few weeks.

But for now I will enjoy that I can see the floor and enjoy the Clean in my Van!

PS. And I was so excited because I found my sunglasses which I thought I had lost under one of the seats, that was the highlight of my day!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your dirty van is a great place to play, toys and food :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, I laughed so hard when I read this. It's the craziest phenomenon (how full of crap and garbage the van can become in such a short amount of time). I constantly marvel at it/can't believe how gross we've become. Hahaha. Why didn't you take some photos for me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time Rachel, no worries there. I unfortunately can guarantee that it will happen again. Pictures will definitely be taken, before and after.

    ReplyDelete