Monday, 11 April 2011

Night Shift

So Steve has been working away in Campbell River for the last 5 weeks, leaves Sunday afternoon and back early Thursday morning. I was really nervous about him being gone so much and me being alone with the kids but it has gone by pretty fast. This is his last week (hopefully) and we are all miraculously still alive!
It has been hard, especially bedtime, but I think it has been good for my relationship with my kids. I'm kinda soft with them and they are learning to listen better. Some may disagree but I feel that things have been better. Bedtime is soooo much better now. I started a Reward Chart for staying in bed, doing extra chores, and special acts of kindness. Lindy and Nicole have LOVED that. They are constantly counting their stickers to see how many they have and how many more they need.
I think we always appreciate things more when we don't have them all the time and these past few weeks has totally made me appreciate Steve more. Parenting is alot easier with 2 people. I have had some wonderful friends who have helped me out a few times. I crazily signed them up for swim lesson, ballet and soccer, so some days have been pretty busy.
Nicole said to me in the car when we were driving "Mom, when we are in a time out we are in a time and we are in a time out right?!". "Yes Nicole that is right". So I guess something is working.
I am so happy for this week to be over!
My delightful little girls posing for me, I just love them sooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment