Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Caramel Corn and Miss Underwear

So I have a serious addiction......homemade caramel popcorn! I can't help myself, and lets be honest, it doesn't have to be homemade, the caramel corn from Kernals is super good too. I made it all the time when I was pregnant with Renae (which also contributed to the weight gain) and I haven't had it in months, then last week when Steve was gone I thought I would make it and I've made it 2 more times. Ahhhhh, I need to stop! It tastes sooo good but makes me feel so sick, when will I ever learn. It also is halting the work I've been doing on losing my baby weight. It also doesn't help that Nicole really likes it too and she asks for the "sticky popcorn" and so I justify making it for her. HA! Who am I kidding?
So I am making a resolution to NOT make it anymore. I need to get healthier again and get myself back on track and late night caramel popcorn is one of the worst things for me (although my mouth fills with saliva at the thought of it, how pathetic am I)
NEW TOPIC : So I took Lindy to her swim class tonight and Steve was home with the other girls. He told me that he was getting Renae to crawl around, playing with her and then all of a sudden Nicole comes out wearing her underwear (thankfully they were clean) on her head/face like a ski mask. Steve starts laughing, calls her Miss Underwear and Nicole starts laughing too. She still had the underwear on her head when I got home 15 minutes later and she proudly showed me. I laughed so hard cause she is SO STINKING CUTE!!!!
Renae has cut 2 new teeth this week, she has also figured out that when she bites me I yell and she thinks that is funny so she was teasing me today. She would bite me then look up smiling to get a reaction out of me. She did this like 5 times in a row and starts laughing, oh good another cheeky one!!!!!

The original Miss Underwear taken by Steve, isn't she adorable!
  A couple days later, they both decided this was a funny idea so here we go again!
 And then OF COURSE we needed to put the underwear on Renae's head too! She took them off pretty quick!

2 comments:

  1. What is your recipe for Carmel popcorn? Remy has been wanting some for a while and there are soo many recipes out there.
    Nicole IS so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one I use is melt 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup brown sugar. Let that melt together till it's crystallized and bubbly. Then add 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Stir over med/low heat.
    Then I just pour that over my popcorn (has to be freshly popped for best results!)
    Beware though cause it is really yummy!

    ReplyDelete