So this is a little bit of catch up because this actually happened a few days ago but I still wanted to share.
Lindy came home from school last week and I noticed that her hair looked different. It took me a few minutes but then I asked her if she had cut her hair. She replied that she hadn't. I thought I was going crazy so I left it. When I went to do her hair the next day I definitely noticed that she had some bangs cut, so I asked her again and she told me that maybe the boys at school had cut it. I was confused and asked some more questions. She ended up telling me the name of the one who had done the cutting. But I was still suspicious so I talked to Mrs. Campbell (her K teacher) when we got to school. I guess during the day the students were talked to (no fingers pointed) and no one fessed up to the hair styling. Steve picked up Lindy from school that day so I didn't get to talk to Mrs. Campbell again, she told him that she didn't know who did it but that all the students were clear about NOT cutting hair with the scissors in the classroom. So Steve plays detective asking Lindy some questions on the way home and I guess something he said got her to tell him what really happened. I guess she had been cutting at the craft table and had her head bent down a little close to the scissors and she had an accident. She was too afraid to tell her teacher (thinking that she would get in trouble) and then afraid to tell us too.
This allowed for us to have some very good conversation with her about honesty. I told her that she wouldn't have gotten in trouble if she just told us the truth right away, I was obviously disappointed by her mistake in cutting her hair because her hair grows soooo slowly. I explained that lying about it and blaming someone else would get her into trouble. She felt really bad for telling us a lie and for blaming her friends for doing something that hadn't happened. She also felt bad for cutting her hair because she knew her Daddy didn't want anyone to cut her hair. (He tried telling her that her hair was like Rapunzel and would turn brown if it got cut because it is so beautiful).
I know that there will come a time when I will have to punish even if they tell us the truth about something that happened. I hope that she will remember this experience and learn from it. I hope I will too.
And really as you can see by the picture it wasn't really that bad, it could have been alot worse. I count a blessing there that she just slightly cut her bangs instead of her eyelashes like I did when I was her age. Or like my sister Dana who cut my pony tail off with the grass clippers. It could always be worse I guess.

what kid hasn't done that??? and....what's wrong with brown hair???hahaha
ReplyDeleteOh no! That's sort of funny though, I'm sorry. She still looks super cute though!
ReplyDelete