Monday, 2 May 2011

Little bits of Sunshine

This weather is really irritating. It's hard to make plans when we aren't sure what is going to happen outside. I loved to see the sunshine this weekend but I was not impressed by the rain today. I guess I just have to take advantage when it comes.
Steve is gone for the next 2 weeks working. This is only day 2 so I'm doing pretty good so far. But I just have to keep that same attitude. Enjoy the bits of sunshine when they come. My children are lovely little girls but they do challenge me. They make me laugh and cry at times. There are moments that I love and I have to savour those when they happen.
I love the soft kisses and hugs. I love the morning snuggles (as long as they aren't too early). I love the squeals of delight and the belly laughter I hear. I love to hear the play dialogue that goes on when they are playing, it makes me laugh.
I will miss Steve a lot while he is gone but I will treasure this time with my girls. It really will go by fast, the next 2 weeks but also these few years. They are little for such a short time and I know I will miss it.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good Mom Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 weeks!! That's a long time! I'd come for a sleepover if I could. It's not like I see my husband either, but he does come home at night, and that can make a big difference. Way to be so positive. I'd probably be wallowing in self pity.

    ReplyDelete