Steve and I had the opportunity to clean our church this morning. I'm going to be honest, I kinda forgot until I was getting out of the shower, thinking about not having anything to do this morning and then it hit me. But I'm so glad it did because I had the opportunity to serve by cleaning some of our church building. Even if it is something like cleaning, service always makes me feel better. "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God" I thought about that today and it made me realize that I need to make more of an effort to serve those around me. It was also fun to do it with my family, the girls had their own cloths to help and they enjoyed wiping down all the pews with me. I also got to visit with a Brother that I don't always get to talk to on Sundays (due to craziness that is Sunday). He is so sweet and a little lonely so it was nice to spend time with him, he loves the kids so that was nice too!
I am grateful for the opportunity I had to clean this morning because it was a reminder of things that need to be done. I share this video as more of a reminder to me that Unselfish Service is such a marvelous thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment