Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Blackberry Crisp

I love blackberries. I love to pick them, make jam, make pies, make crisp and cobbler. I picked 12 ice cream buckets full last summer. I enjoyed giving a few away but I love that I had several for my freezer. I had great ambition last fall to make a ton of jam but that never happened. Now I have enjoyed quite a few blackberry crisp lately. My family likes it ok but I LOVE IT!!! Of course right now it gives me super bad heart burn but I still love it. Making a crisp is the easiest thing ever and it is so tasty. I still have a goal to make some jam and syrup for the cupboard in the next couple weeks (before baby comes) and I'm quite happy to do that. But in the meantime I love to make and eat blackberry crisp!

4 comments:

  1. Teach me how to make blackberry syrup!!! Blackberries are one of my top 10 foods ever. Eating them makes me feel like summertime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to make. I'm sure there is a "real" recipe but we just boiled the blackberries like you would to make jam and didnt add any pectin, so it was runny. So yummy on anything really (pancakes, waffles, french toast, cake, biscuits, etc..)

      Delete
  2. mmm blackberry crisp. I don't even think I've ever tried that, but I already know it would be good. Dangerously good. You're lucky to have easy access to blackberry picking. I'm jealous. Maybe this year you should give some away to me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are around in August please come and get some Sarah! I do feel very lucky to have them in my back yard :)

      Delete