I read an artical this past week which spoke volumes to my heart.
Your Children Want You!
I often feel like I am not enough, that I need to be doing more, that there is a better parent for my children, etc... They are so powerful that it is easy to doubt ourselves as Mothers and to doubt the importance of my role in this life. I will have many roles but the most important one is that of being a Mom to my children. I really loved the way I felt as I read this blog entry and I felt empowered knowing that my children want me and not someone else. Even on days when I am told (by them) how mad they are at me or how unfair I am or anything negative my way. I know ultimately that they need me and they love me. My kids will not remember if our house was the cleanest on the block or if I was the best cook in the world or if I was the craft Queen. But they will remember if they felt loved, if they were hugged and encouraged, if I played with them and if home was a place of safety.
I think my Mom is the most wonderful Mom in the entire world. She still makes me feel safe and loved and important. She is my friend. I want my children to look up to me and love me the way I love and look up to my Mom.
We are not perfect, we don't have to be. But I am a Mother and I need to magnify that role to the best of my ability. I want to create a safe Haven for my children to call home and I want them to know they are loved, safe and important in this world.
I am so grateful for the reminder that it doesn't matter how anyone else parents (although at times there are things that help us improve ourselves). I need to stop worrying about measuring up to the things I think I'm supposed to be doing and continue (or start in some cases) to do the things I know and feel are right for my family. I love my kids more then words can express and I need to always remember that they want me!
I really enjoyed that article, and I love what you have written, Leah.
ReplyDelete