I asked Steve on Sunday what kinds of dinners he would like this week and after thinking about it he said anything with meat (very helpful). He then specifically requested pulled pork sandwiches. I've never made them before but that wasnt' a big deal. He's had them a couple times lately from Smokin' Georges Restaurant for lunch and wanted to duplicate them at home. I honestly wasn't really into them cause I am pregnant and am hard to please food wise but I said sure we'd make them. Then I remembered that I had an Epicure Pulled Pork packet in th cupboard that would make it even easier. So I threw 2 pork tenderloins in the crock pot for 5 hrs on high and let them cook.
Steve even stopped on his way home from work to get the buns he wanted and the coleslaw that goes with it (I may sound quite lazy at this point but it made my day way easier with 3 kids at home.).
Needless to say, Steve was incredibly happy with his pulled pork sandwich. He even made "mmmmm" noises as he ate which is rare and hit the table with satisfaction when he was done. He expressed his appreciation for my fine cooking which I thought was hilarious considering all I did was put the pork in the crock pot with the mix.
So thank you to Epicure for coming out with the Pulled Pork Packet to make me look like the worlds best chef and for making my husband's tummy so happy!

I've been wanting to do pulled pork sandwiches lately too! I think you inspired me to try even though I have no clue what I am doing.
ReplyDeleteCan't stop laughing, probably because you described Steve's reaction so well. I would love Justin to try it too, then I can compare notes! ;)
ReplyDelete