Monday, 16 December 2013
Spreading things a little thin...
Sometimes I feel like I've had enough. Enough of EVERYTHING! I don't want to be the Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, etc.... Some days I am just too tired (emotionally, physically, mentally) to do everything cheerfully and efficiently. Some days I just don't feel I am enough and can give enough of what other people need.
I recently asked to be released from one of my callings at church (I had 2). I felt bad initially because I know I was called for a reason, the Lord knows me better then I know myself so I felt I was letting him down. BUT, I was not serving in my other calling as effectively as I could be and I was spreading myself too thin. Sometimes just one extra task is the thing that makes life too much. I felt so much better after I was released because then I didn't feel like I was letting people down for not actually doing the job I was asked to do but just not being able to do it because of my life circumstances.
I know in the big picture this is a small thing, to be released from a calling. But once again it was a good lesson for me to take care of ME. If I am spread too thin I am not able to take care of my family and they are my world! It is so important to recognize when to take a step back and re-evaluate when changes need to be made. Change is GOOD! Sometimes it is hard but change is a good thing.
There was a talk given at conference a few years ago, it is so good, please read if you have time!
http://www.lds.org/ensign/2007/11/good-better-best
There are good things we are doing, better things we should be doing and recognizing the best we can do and where we need to make the change. I've been thinking about this the last couple of days. What are my goals and where do I need to be going from here. Something to think about with a new year approaching. I am not one for making "resolutions" but I am one for making goals. So keeping that talk in mind, I am going to take some time in January to make short term and long term goal. I don't want to be spread too thin, I want to accomplish as much as a can and be useful to my family always.
Just putting one foot in front of the other is how I get through some days and that's okay for now, but it will get better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment