“Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.”
(Margaret D. Nadauld “The Joy of Womanhood,” Ensign, Nov. 2000, 15)
I love this quote. I remember hearing it back in 2000 and thinking "Wow, I need to remember that!". I want to be a woman of God. I want to be someone that people look at with with positive feelings, not negative thoughts. I want to become the best version of myself and I am so grateful for the people around me and all that I experience in life to learn from and grow.
I also really like this quote too. (A friend shared it with me yesterday and I want to remember it) It is so easy to jump on the crazy train but it is never a good idea. We will not grow, we will not improve. I need to decide who is toxic and who is nourishment for me in my relationships. AND IT"S OKAY to have limited relationships with people who I deem toxic for me. I am in charge of my life and my family. And I get to decided who I let in, I make the invitations.
AND of course with a new year upon us I am making a couple of goals for myself...
1. Be a more kind, patient and compassionate person
2. Read my scriptures more (which won't be hard considering I hardly ever read them)
3. Exercise 3 times a week (walk, run, whatever I need to be more active)
4. Give all of my children enough hugs and kisses to sustain them through their days (this might be the hardest goal of all because for one in particular it never seems enough but I am going to try!)

No comments:
Post a Comment