Monday, 26 January 2015

That's what friends are for......

"What is a friend, 1 soul dwelling in two people"

I am generally a private person. I don't easily open myself up to others. I am quite content living in a world where I have a few close friends and my family. I have 4 kids and a husband. I don't have much time to socialize and party every day of the week with play dates and nights out. My husband is working away right now. My life is very simple and fairly quiet. AND I LIKE IT THAT WAY!

Even as a child, I would come home from school crying because too many people wanted to be my friend and I didn't like that. I don't know how to maintain so many friendships, lets face it, I can barely maintain myself and my family ha ha.

I appreciate the friends that know me and love me anyways. I keep my circle small because that is how I feel safe. I am not a snob, I do not think I am better then anyone else. I try to be kind to others. 
I am imperfect. I am a work in progress. I make mistakes everyday and I have for my whole life. I put my trust in people who I find out I shouldn't. I am often sarcastic sometimes, I believe it is a coping mechanism (some enjoy this others do not). I am a sensitive girl whose feelings get hurt from time to time. And all of this is OKAY. 

I am so happy that there are a group of women that I can trust to be my friend. To laugh with me and cry with me. To eat healthy with and to dig into the treats if needed. To give me a hug or help me with my kids. To let me serve them and reap some blessings. They are examples of strength, faith, courage, softness, love, compassion, laughter, kindness and everything I need in my world.
It's ok for me to surround myself with the people that bring me up and encourage me to do my best. It's ok for me to eliminate the toxic people and relationships that drain me and bring me down. It's ok to take care of me. My friends know this and love me for being me. 

I am grateful for learning about boundaries to protect myself and my family. We cannot control others around us but we can do our best to control ourselves and how we react to others or situations.
We learn, we grow, we forgive, we progress and we continue on. I am grateful for all of this. 


2 comments:

  1. My dear sweet Leah! I feel so blessed to be your friend. You are an amazing woman and such an example. Thank you for spending some of your precious time hanging out with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea, it is always my pleasure to spend time with you. You are a friend to hold onto :)

      Delete