I love that song from White Christmas where Betty and Judy sing about how much they love and need each other but also how to make sure "you don't come between me and my man!". It's a favorite at my house and my sisters and I will sing it for fun sometimes.
I have two wonderful sisters by blood. Dana and Megan. One older and one younger. They have both taught me a lot and continue to remind me about learning and growth. I am grateful for both of them. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and we certainly have different beliefs and opinions in life. But when all is said and done I know that I have 2 pretty awesome ladies who have my back.
I'm grateful for the journey we've been able to take through childhood, the teen years and now into our 30's. We've all changed a lot over the years but there are some fundamental things that may never change. Like Dana being the bossy oldest, myself being the pot stirring middle child and Megan being the "baby". We all play a role in our family. Sometimes an appreciated role and other times we'd like to rip each others heads off. But that's what we do. It's the dance of our relationship. Ever gliding, turning, dipping, falling, and changing.
I see my Mom with her sisters and I see the relationships around me of my friends or relatives with their sisters. I see things I love and things I hope will never happen to us. I want to be close with my sisters for always. We are ever connected (whether we like it or not ha ha) and we are forever!
It's Dana's birthday today, Megan's tomorrow and then my Mom's on Thursday. Growing up, I felt like everyone had a birthday except me and I would sometimes have the "birthday blues". I don't feel like that anymore (haven't for quite some time). I enjoy being able to celebrate them and reflect on our relationships and look at pictures.
I love them all so much and I am so grateful for amazing women in my life to love me no matter what!
Happy Birthday to my January girls

.jpeg)
.jpeg)


What's life without a sister? :) I love this post. Sisters make life better. Also I LOVE the picture of you guys in those amazing bright outfits, made my day.
ReplyDeleteI can totally see your kids in you in those younger photos.
ReplyDelete