Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Nicolie Rolie turns 6!

My sweet Nicole turned 6 on July 26. I love and hate birthdays for my children as I'm sure you can guess why. But we had a fantastic day together and I put on a fairly awesome little party for her. She didn't ask for much actually which is kind of out of character for her. She just wanted to dance and play with her friends, put on make up, paint toes and have cake. We also met up with my Mom and Lydia for some fun at Parksville Beach which was a bonus too. I asked her at the end of the day if she had fun and she sighed, smiled and said YES!!!!
Birthday Pie, yes I am that good of a Mom

All ready in a new outfit for her birthday, including sparkly blue flip flops!

checking out the sandcastles

Having a little treat

picking up shells at the beach

Me and my birthday girl

oooooo make up at the party





All the girls with their sparkle make up

Dance!!!

Her friend Claire

Having Pizza

the boys thinking all these girls are CRAZY!!!

opening some gifts

Birthday cupcakes


Late night pizza after everyone is gone, her and Lindy kept the party going!

Daddy and his big 6 year old

I can't believe you are 6 Nicole!!!
Nicole at 6 years old:
-always wanting me to do her hair and make up (I do not do it as much as she would like)
-singing little songs
-fantastic hoola hooper
-loves to swim and does a great mermaid dive/swim
-always needing hugs/kisses/cuddles (I can't keep up with the demand)
-very social, wanting a play date every other day but then also really enjoys quiet time
-loves to Dance and make up dances for us. (She actually did a few shows thru-out the school year with her friends for her teacher Mrs. Campbell, she could tell me afterward and love them)
-very artistic, loves to draw and her attention to detail is quite good
-is an amazing helper when she chooses to be, with the proper motivation or just randomly on her own, she could clean my entire house if she really wanted
-quite dramatic and emotional at times (look out for the teenage years)
-wanting to always be older because Lindy gets to do things she can't do because she is too little
-favorite food is PANCAKES (ha ha something we have way too much of)
-loves going to Tyskerud Grandma's, Nana's and Great Grandma's house
-really looking forward to going into grade 1 because she gets a new back pack and can wear her new boots
-she still flips her hair and smacks her tongue when she is telling me stories just like she did when she was 3, so cute!

Nicole Lynn Hobbs I love you more then anything in the world! I know our life together is going to have it's challenges but I also know we are going to get great friends as we grow together. My world is better and more interesting because she is in it and I thank God everyday for each of my children to love me and teach me to be a better person.
Happy Birthday Nicole, stop growing up!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment