Sunday, 3 June 2012

A Baby Boy to Love

On May 2nd I become the Mother of a Son. A beautiful baby boy came to join our family of "sugar and spice" girls and change our little world forever. I knew that I was having a boy not because the ultrasound confirmed it so many months ago but because I was blessed to have an experience which told me that a little boy was waiting to come to our family weeks before I got pregnant. I feel so blessed to have 4 beautiful and healthy children who call me Mom.
Nathan Gregory Hobbs arrived on Wednesday May 2,2012 at 4:11am via c-section. I started having mild contractions at 4pm on the 1st and was in denial of actually being in labour till my Mom arrived at 11:30pm that night. I stayed home for as long as I could and Steve took me to the hospital arriving at 2:05am. Within 2 hrs I was admitted, got an epidural, full dilated, pushed for 1/2 hr and he did not want to come down so after the OBGYN and my midwife talked they decided that best course of action was a c-section because baby's heart rate was not good. Needless to say, I was scared by this thought for myself more then the baby because I knew the recovery was much longer then a regular birth. I never actually felt nervous for my baby, I just knew that he was going to be alright. Within 20 minutes I was prepped, Steve was gowned up and we went to the operating room to have our boy. Being frozen from the chest down is the weirdest experience I hope to ever have. I knew what they were doing and I could feel pressure and tugging but I couldn't feel my body. I just held Steve's hand and looked into his eyes to keep myself focused and calm. As soon as I heard his cry I knew everything was going to be alright. What a magical moment it is to meet the little person who has been kicking you from the inside and waiting to come to earth.
I stayed in the hospital for 4 days and had amazing nurses who cared for me. Steve stayed with me every night and I was never alone during those first few days. I am so grateful for my support team of Steve, my Mom and my sister Dana. I feel so blessed!

39 weeks





adoring sisters meeting their baby brother

very tired but happy Mom
Thank you for coming to our family Nathan, we love you!!!

3 comments:

  1. You did it! Good job Leah!! Nathan is adorable. We couldn't be happier for your family. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leah! He is just so perfect. I hope all is going well. Love, Shelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Leah!! I'm so glad that you posted your birth story on here. I miss you, and I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to meet Nathan!! Boys are pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete