I have been serving as the Young Women's secretary in our ward for almost a year now. And I have come to love the girls that I serve and appreciate the program even more now, then when I was at that age. Of course that is to be expected because we never appreciate things when they are right in front of us, especially as teenagers. (Ok, that may not be true for everyone but it is for me).
We had our New Beginnings evening tonight and as I sat listening to the girls make their presentations, I remembered my time of being a young women and reflected on that for part of the evening.
I totally appreciate the leaders that I had and the leaders that serve now. Being a leader of youth can be a tough job sometimes and I admire anyone who does it. I have learned alot about myself and them.
I am also totally aware that I have 3 girls right now (maybe more to come) that will be youth one day and will be in the young women's program. I am so grateful to know that there are programs like this to support our children during their teenage years!
I appreciate that I can go to YW on Sundays and reciete the them which reminds me to "Stand for Truth and Righteousness at all times and in all things and in all places". The Gospel is not just for Sunday, it is for every minute of every day to try to live more like our Savior and work to return to live with him someday.

I had similar thoughts today about being a woman as I read from Womens Conference- how lucky are we to have the organization of the church to help us in our striving be who we really are!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to be back in YW someday with all of our girls!! Also, I love the new look of your blog.
ReplyDeletei thought you were still in the RS!!!! nice!!!! i want to be with the YW!! so jelause!
ReplyDelete